Sharing Christ & Building Believers
To Connect INTIMATELY with God
To Connect DEEPLY with one another
To Connect INTENTIONALLY with people who need Jesus Christ by touching them with His love.
To Connect INTIMATELY with God
To Connect DEEPLY with one another
To Connect INTENTIONALLY with people who need Jesus Christ by touching them with His love
Biblically Based – God’s Word is our guide, authority and conscience in everything. We stand firm where Scripture stands firm and remain flexible where it is flexible. It is through the teaching and preaching of God’s Word where we have knowledge of the Gospel, where sinners are convicted, where hearts repent, and where people are moved to serve Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 3:16).
Passionate About Prayer – We believe the attitude and action of prayer is essential to everything we do as individuals and as a corporate body. Nothing of eternal significance or value is ever accomplished apart from prayer. It is through our prayers that we align our hearts to listen to God’s Spirit, we declare the goodness of God, give God thanks, seek forgiveness, find supplication and abide in His presence (Psalm 45:18, Jeremiah 29:11-13, Matthew 6:9-13, Colossians 4:2).
Committed to those far from God- We believe that lost people matter to God; therefore, they matter to us. Jesus came to seek and save the lost and has left us here, in part, to do the same. Our individual lives and corporate efforts will reflect this conviction to pursue the dead churched, de-churched, and unreached in our community and beyond with the love of Jesus Christ and the hope of the Gospel (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 19:10, Rev. 2-3).
Invested With Our Gifts – We believe that each believer has been employed by the Holy Spirit with at least one spiritual gift and many God given talents in order to serve the body of Christ. Believers are called to be good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Spiritual giftedness and maturity determines where and how a believer serves. We believe excellence honors God and reflects His character. We strive for excellence without compromise in all areas of our ministry and lives. (1 Peter 4:10; Colossians 3:17).
Committed To Community – Belonging to our community requires a commitment to being intentionally involved with others in accountable, encouraging relationships. We believe life-change happens best in the context of abiding relationships that together are pursuing spiritual growth in Jesus Christ. In clusters of caring people, participants share and encourage each other toward spiritual growth. (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Relevant in Ministry – We believe that to be biblical we must be traditional. We also believe that to be effective in our ministry, we must share those traditions in a manner that engages our culture and in a way that they understand. The Bible does not tell us to use only certain styles of music, or to present our message only through words. The Bible does make it clear, however, that we are to find ways to effectively bring the message “into all the world” in order to make disciples. We believe this will require careful scrutiny of everything we do – new practices and old – and a willingness to change when necessary within biblical parameters, in order that we, “by all possible means might save some.” (1 Corinthians 9:22; 2 Thessalonians 2:15, 3:6; Ephesians 4:11-16).
Acts 2:42 And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the
breaking of bread and the prayers. 43 And awe came upon every soul, and many wonders and
signs were being done through the apostles. 44 And all who believed were together and had all
things in common. 45 And they were selling their possessions and belongings and distributing
the proceeds to all, as any had need. 46 And day by day, attending the temple together and
breaking bread in their homes, they received their food with glad and generous hearts, 47
praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by
day those who were being saved.
Contact Jade Goldenstein: (970) 854-6300 For information about our Youth Ministries: Contact Mark and Sheryl Farnsworth: (970) 854-5123 For information about our Adult Ministries/Small Groups: Click here to go to our Adult Ministries Page
8:00am Prayer Time
9:30am Sunday School
10:30am Sunday Service
5:30pm Vida Abundante (Spanish Service)
Sunday Morning Worship Service
Our Sunday Morning Worship Service at 10:30 a.m. is a great time of fellowship and worship. The music is based upon the great hymns and songs of the faith, and the preaching is from the solid foundation of God’s word. Come join our praise team of choir members and pianists for a great time of worship with us on Sunday morning and a time of refreshing, Biblically solid teaching.
On Sunday night at 5:30 p.m. join the Spanish service for guitar-led worship and a beautiful time of fellowship and praise, which carries a latin feel and wonderful Bible-based preaching in Spanish.
Prayer is the foundation of our strength as Christians. In light of that, we would ask you to join us for our several times of prayer. Saturday at 5:30 p.m., Sunday at 8:00 a.m. before our Sunday school begins and Wednesday nights at 6:30 p.m. during AWANA. Join us for prayer as we worship God and bring our requests before Him.
- Sep 18, 2016Praise the Father
- Sep 11, 2016What’s So Amazing about the Trinity
- Sep 6, 2016The Bible: Inspiration, Inerrancy, and Authority and Why it Matters
- Aug 28, 2016Finding Financial Peace
- Aug 14, 2016Living at the Lake
- Aug 7, 2016Bucket List: Places to Go, People to See, and Things to Do before Summer Ends
- Jul 31, 2016We Give Thanks
- Jul 17, 2016Finding Peace by Choosing Joy
- Jul 10, 2016Tim & Janet Hall
- Jul 3, 2016Creation vs. Science?
- Jun 26, 2016Pursuing Christ Together
- Jun 19, 2016Father’s Day: Being a Great D.A.D.
- Jun 12, 2016Faithful Friends
- Jun 7, 2016Core Values of FBC
- Jun 5, 2016Gut Check: Do I Have What it Takes to be Faithful?
- May 29, 2016Core Values of FBC (part 1 of 2)
- May 29, 2016Core Values of FBC (part 2 of 2)
- May 15, 2016Saved to Serve: Three Great Questions Every Servant of Jesus must Answer
- May 1, 2016Just Like Jesus: The Gospel Proclaimed through Everything
- Apr 24, 2016Just Like Jesus: Finding the Source of Joy
- Apr 17, 2016Th Bedroom: The Making of Music
- Apr 10, 2016The Den: Finding Financial Peace (part 2)
- Apr 3, 2016The Den: Finding Financial Peace (part 1)
- Mar 20, 2016The Kitchen: Eating a Meal for Victory (part 2)
- Mar 20, 2016The Kitchen: Eating a Meal for Victory (part 1)
- Mar 13, 2016The BathRoom: Coming Clean and Dealing with the Sin Within
- Mar 6, 2016Remaining on Target
- Feb 28, 2016The Living Room: Embracing Biblical Community
- Feb 21, 2016Great Faith: Serve Jesus
- Feb 14, 2016Honoring Marriage
- Feb 7, 2016Great Faith: Worshipping at the Cross of Jesus
- Jan 31, 2016Great Faith: A Portrait for Ministry
- Jan 24, 2016Great Faith: Prizing God’s Great Kingdom
- Jan 10, 2016The State of the Church (part 2 of 2)
- Jan 10, 2016The State of the Church (part 1 of 2)
- Jan 3, 2016Guest Speaker, Joel Rodriguez, sermon 2
- Dec 27, 2015Guest Speaker: Joel Rodriguez, sermon 1
- Dec 20, 2015The Greatest Gift
- Dec 6, 2015From Chaos to Communion
- Nov 22, 2015Keep Calm and Live by Faith (part 1 of 2)
- Nov 22, 2015Keep Calm and Live by Faith (part 2 of 2)
- Nov 1, 2015Great Faith: The New Deal, part 1
- Oct 25, 2015Great Faith: Prayer and Praise
- Oct 18, 2015Great Faith: Under New Management
- Oct 11, 2015Great Faith: Drawing Near to God through the Power of Jesus
- Oct 4, 2015Great Faith: Faith that is Relentless
- Sep 27, 2015Spiritual Fruit: Spiritual Reproduction
- Sep 20, 2015Spiritual Fruit: Worship
- Sep 13, 2015Spiritual Fruit: The Cycle of Service part II
- Sep 6, 2015Spiritual Fruit: The Cycle of Service part I
- Aug 23, 2015The Fruit of Repentance
- Aug 16, 2015The Good Life
- Aug 2, 2015Great Faith: Transformation through Suffering
- Jul 26, 2015Hope Uganda Presentation
- Jul 19, 2015Great Faith: Fear, Freedom and the Faith that Abides
- Jul 12, 2015The Committed Christian: Going All the Way with Jesus
- Jul 5, 2015Great Faith: The Confident Christian
- May 31, 2015Set Free to Serve
- May 17, 2015Why Jesus? Clinging to Him in the Midst of Our Suffering
- May 3, 2015Guest Speaker: Kelvin Haidle
- Apr 26, 2015Who is your Walking Partner?
- Apr 19, 2015Guest Speaker: Tim Hall
- Apr 12, 2015The Precious Bride
- Apr 5, 2015The Third Day
- Mar 29, 2015The Great Expectation
- Mar 22, 2015The Role of the Congregation
- Mar 14, 2015The Role of the Pastor Shepherd (incomplete)
- Mar 8, 2015The Grace of Giving
- Mar 1, 2015The Gift of Giving
- Feb 22, 2015Managing God’s Household
- Feb 15, 2015Financial Peace
- Feb 8, 2015Grasping Eternal Life
- Jan 25, 2015He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother
- Jan 18, 2015Core Beliefs – Sin
- Jan 11, 2015Core Beliefs – Humanity
- Jan 4, 2015Core Beliefs – Worship
- Dec 28, 2014Seeing People the Way God Sees People
- Dec 21, 2014The Cradle, Cross and Crown
- Dec 14, 2014The Baby Who Threatened Empires
- Dec 7, 2014The Church: God’s Instrument of Redemption
- Nov 30, 2014The Powerful, Transforming Word of God
- Nov 23, 2014A Song of Thanksgiving
- Nov 16, 2014Core Beliefs – Spirit
- Nov 9, 2014Core Beliefs – Christ
- Nov 2, 2014Core Beliefs – God
- Oct 26, 2014Who is a Missionary?
- Oct 12, 2014The Fraternity of the (Un)Grateful
- Oct 5, 2014Bay of Pigs
- Sep 21, 2014She Loves Me
- Sep 14, 2014The Searchers
- Sep 7, 2014The Testimony
- Aug 31, 2014Be Still
- Aug 24, 2014The Divine Appointment
- Aug 17, 2014The Answer
- Aug 10, 2014Trusting God for the Details
- Aug 3, 2014Renewal Through Remembrance
- Jul 27, 2014The Great Commission (Omission?)
- Jul 13, 2014The New Heavens and the New Earth
- Jun 29, 2014The Darkness Before the Dawn
- Jun 22, 2014Special Guest Stan Rieb
- Jun 15, 2014Armageddon & the Judgment of the Wicked
- Jun 8, 2014Victory in Jesus
- Jun 1, 2014The Rise of the False Prophet & the Mark of the Beast
- May 25, 2014I Can’t See
- May 18, 2014The Rise of the Antichrist
- May 11, 2014Thru God’s Eyes
- May 4, 2014Two Paths, Two Destinations
- Apr 27, 2014The Final Holocaust
- Apr 20, 2014The Second Coming of Christ, the King
- Apr 13, 2014Why Are We Here?
- Apr 6, 2014The Wars on Earth and the War in Heaven
- Mar 30, 2014The Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet
- Mar 23, 2014The Temple and the Two Witnesses
- Mar 16, 2014Communicating Encouragement
- Mar 9, 2014Job Loses His Health
- Mar 2, 2014The Potent Little Book
- Feb 23, 2014The Army of the East
- Feb 9, 2014Does God Really Know What He Is Doing?
- Feb 2, 2014How Long, O Lord?
- Jan 26, 2014And His Name was Job
- Jan 19, 2014Captured by Christ
- Jan 12, 2014The First Interlude – Who Is Able to Stand?
- Jan 5, 2014Seals 5 and 6
- Dec 29, 2013The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
- Dec 15, 2013The Visit of the Magi
- Dec 8, 2013The Book with the Seven Seals and Its Recipient
- Dec 1, 2013O Worship the Lord!
- Nov 24, 2013First Lukewarm Church
- Nov 17, 2013Just Keep Walking, I’ll Get the Door
- Nov 3, 2013First Church of Immoral Idolatry
- Oct 13, 2013First Loveless Church
- Oct 6, 2013The Christ
- Sep 29, 2013The Revelation of Jesus Christ
- Sep 22, 2013Restoration!?
- Sep 15, 2013Singing the Blues
- Sep 8, 2013The Battle of the Gods
- Sep 1, 2013It Was the Worst of Times
- Aug 25, 2013Preparing the Prophet
- Aug 18, 2013Learning to Trust
- Aug 11, 2013It’s Time to Jump
- Aug 4, 2013We Reap What We Sow
- Jul 28, 2013I’ve Got Your Back
- Jul 21, 2013Walking in Victory
- Jul 14, 2013Prophet in Waiting…Preparing for the Battle
- Jul 7, 2013Responding to Growing Darkness
- Jun 30, 2013Purpose Filled Prayer
- Jun 23, 2013What Difference Does Life Make?
- Jun 16, 2013Trust in God
- Jun 15, 2013Some R & R
- Jun 9, 2013Finding Freedom Part 2
- Jun 2, 2013Embracing Trials
- May 19, 2013Up Close and Personal
- May 12, 2013The Crossroads of Faith
- May 5, 2013The Remedy for Sin
- Apr 28, 2013The Solution to Our Sin Problem
- Apr 14, 2013Liberty, In Love
- Apr 7, 2013Investing in Eternity
- Mar 31, 2013Necessities for Heaven
- Mar 24, 2013The Two Jesus’ of Scripture
- Mar 17, 2013Motivations
- Mar 10, 2013The Good Samaritan
- Mar 3, 2013More Than a Bunch of Names
- Feb 24, 2013Real Worship
- Feb 17, 2013So Much More than a Child
- Feb 10, 2013Essentials for Christ-Followers
- Feb 3, 2013The Church, the Body of Christ
- Jan 27, 2013The Head of the Church
- Jan 20, 2013The Promised Church
- Jan 13, 2013The Trustworthy Word of God Part 2
- Jan 6, 2013The Trustworthy Word of God
- Dec 30, 2012The Word of God: God’s Provision for Troubled Times
- Dec 23, 2012The Lamb of God
- Dec 16, 2012The Word Became Flesh
- Dec 9, 2012Paul’s Prayer for an Overwhelmed Life
- Dec 2, 2012Under New Ownership
- Nov 25, 2012Filling of the Spirit and the Great Commission
- Nov 18, 2012The Renewing of the Spirit
- Nov 4, 2012What Is Healthy Grows
- Oct 28, 2012I’m All You Need
- Oct 21, 2012One Mediator
- Oct 14, 2012Jesus Christ — Very God
- Oct 7, 2012God: God Is Life–Part 3
- Sep 30, 2012Everlasting God–Part 2
- Sep 23, 2012Everlasting God
- Sep 16, 2012Jesus Christ: Cursed For Us
- Sep 9, 2012Bewitched
- Sep 2, 2012Avoiding Crow
- Aug 26, 2012Solemn Reminders
- Aug 19, 2012Your Reputation Precedes You
- Aug 12, 2012Reclaiming Lost Ground
- Aug 5, 2012God’s Mercy and Righteousness
- Aug 3, 2012Willard Clayton Memorial Service
- Jul 29, 2012Lessons from the Rock Pile
Church Directories are here! If you have not yet picked yours up, please do so today. They are on the welcome cart in the fellowship hall.
Superhero Academy: On September 23-25, kids (ages 3 – kindergarten) are invited to attend Superhero Academy and train to be a superhero for God! They’ll learn how God can give them superhero-like strength and courage to defeat evil and spread the good news. They’ll also learn about the greatest superhero of all time, Jesus! If you would like to help with this event, contact Jade Goldenstein at 854-6300 for more information.
FPU: A new session of Financial Peace University will be starting up on September 25. The class will meet Sunday evenings from 7:00-8:30pm in the multi-purpose room. Financial Peace in a 9-week biblically based study course that teaches how to handle money God’s ways. Cost of materials is $100. Contact Rick and Kathy Haynes at 854-2174 for more information or to sign up.
Upcoming Opportunities for Youth: FBC is pleased to announce that Mike and Micaila Frazier will be helping us to start a youth group this fall for junior and senior high students. More details to follow. Additionally, Quiz Team will be starting soon. If you are a student ages 8-18, there is an opportunity for you. Contact Mike and Micaila Frazier for details.
Officer Mark Werts has been invited by our missionaries, Randy & Marleen Green, to participate in a short term mission trip to El Salvador from October 22nd-29th. If you would like to support the ministry of Officer Werts, please pray for him and consider giving financially. Mark needs to raise $1700 for costs of the trip and $1500 toward military grade tourniquets that will be given to the police officers trained in El Salvador. These tourniquets are about $28 each. The more money we raise above and beyond Mark’s trip cost, the more we will have to give towards supplying police officers with life-saving tourniquets. Thank you for your generosity and prayers.
HOPE Uganda is planning a trip to Wera, Uganda to visit the sponsored children and village. The trip dates are: February 18th – March 1st. If you are interested in knowing more, please contact Mark and Sheryl Farnsworth at 854-5123. Trip planning starts early due to travel documents and medical shots necessary to be able to participate.
Recently, one of our kids was in timeout for the way he was treating his sister, so I asked him to go tell his sister sorry and to give her a hug and kiss. He gladly got up from the couch, apparently relieved that he was once again free, and merely yelled into the bathroom door where she was in mommy’s arms and said, “Sorry Bekah” and darted off.
Wings For the Weary
“He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy. Even youths get tired and weary; even strong young men clumsily stumble. But those who wait for the Lord’s help find renewed strength; they rise up as if they had eagles’ wings, they run without growing weary, they walk without getting tired.”
Several years ago when we found out we were expecting our first child John, Samantha and I took a “babymoon” trip to Mackinac Island in Michigan. Mackinac Island is unique because, with the exception of a single ambulance, there are no motorized vehicles allowed on the island. We spent most of our days walking the island or taking carriage rides and enjoying the warm summer breeze. However, one o …
A few days ago I shared the following verse on Facebook:
Exodus 34:6-7, “He passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, ‘The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion, and sin.'”
I shared that verse because one of the things I have run into quite frequently among friends, family and c …
As the New Year starts, this is the time of year when many of us are thinking about setting new goals. Reflecting back on the previous year might bring us a sense of gratitude for all that the Lord has accomplished in us. Or it might make us feel indifferent as we are uncertain of how meaningful life seemed to be. Maybe we did not lose that 10 lbs. we w …
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
We are in the midst of a season when political candidates make bid on specific promises in order to both garner support from their constituents and to build a strong base so that they might obtain or retain political privileges and power. In the coming months, we will only see this competitive furry increase within the parties. Yet, what is remarkable is just how much anxiety and frustration these seasons cause, …
Here’s where you’ll find us
Send a Message
Holyoke, CO 80734